You are at work, and it seems like any normal day. And then it happens. You bent down to pick up a box and your sciatica acted up, rendering you almost completely immobilized and in pain. What do you do? You need urgent relief, but it can take days to get in to see your doctor, and possibly weeks until you can see a pain specialist.
If that sounds all too familiar, we have good news for you. Our pain-relieving FASTRAC program is geared to help you get fast relief when it counts. We offer rapid diagnostics and pain relieving treatments, often without the need for an extensive consultation.
Once we have your doctor’s referral, we can see you, often on a same day basis. In a nutshell, the FASTRAC program is designed to get you seen and treated within 24 hours, based on a request by your referring doctor.
- Discogram – this is a diagnostic procedure designed to pinpoint the exact source of back and neck pain. Disk pain is often caused by injury or degenerative diseases, which break down the protective discs in your spine that are meant to act as shock absorbers that protect the bones and the delicate spinal cord.
- Nerve Blocks – This is a non-invasive procedure in which a medication is injected into a specific nerve, or group of nerves, to block the pain signals coming from a body region or organ.
- Selective spinal Nerve and Root Blocks – for the cervical, thoracic lumbar and sacral spine.
- Facet Joint Injections – This is a non-invasive treatment that relieves pain and inflammation along the facets of the spine. (Facet joints are areas on the top and bottom of vertebra)
- Epidural Steroid Injections – This is a non-surgical treatment for low back pain that radiates to the legs. Pain medications are delivered precisely at or very near the pain source.
When you are hurting, every minute counts. If you have a sudden pain at work, school or home, you don’t have to wait in pain for diagnosis and treatment. Get the help you need when you need it. At Pain Specialists of Austin, we understand pain and we know how to treat it.
If you, or someone you love suffers from chronic or sudden pain that demands immediate diagnosis and treatment, please call (855) 876-7246. With ten clinics in the Austin area, we are here when the clock is ticking on your pain. You can also request an appointment using our convenient online appointment request form.